22/08/2017

Welcome Back, Friends


Only my failed foray into dating a lowkey f!!ckboy had as more stop and starts than this blogging nonsense...

Hi. Hello. Hey. If you don't know me already, I'm Daisy. And this is a blog that got shoved to the bottom of the "to-do" pile a couple of years back. So, where yow bin bab?

It was probably part of the increasing depression that soured my enjoyment of writing; nothing felt worth stripping back the bed sheets when I could stay in my charcoal grey cocoon staring at the walls. Oh, how very...what's the expression? Ah, yes depressing! But since I've no aptitude for sports or arts, nor passion for travelling to somewhere that wouldn't require me to take Vitamin D supplements, I figured I'd give spouting my ~feelings~ online another go. Plus, the fact that in 5 years of suffering with this bloody illness I've yet to encounter anyone, who isn't a medical profesh., that actually knows what Agoraphobia is. What is THAT about. I'm providing you with all the juicy bits, that could also help you identify the early signs in yourself or someone else.

So, what's Resume the Fetal Position going to feature? I'm aiming to try and write something readable every other day, or so. Better to set the bar low and vague in these situations. Maybe I'll blog about how exposure therapy is coming along, maybe its about trying out some wacky anti-anxiety self-care, maybe its about some new patterned socks. I'm just aiming for regular and authentic blog posts that will help me stop wallowing in my BS in pyjamas under the covers, and wallow in my BS in jogging bottoms at my desk instead. Hey, maybe it could help me get closer to the shore of "recovery" instead of relying on a life-raft of bad habits.

My other interests are politics and style- so I'm going to try and weave those two in there somehow. By which I'm not referring to having a panic attack with BBC Parliament humming in the background, whilst donning a particularly well tailored blazer. More like topical pieces because WTAF is happening with politics at the moment? Its enough to send the most rational voter into a mini-breakdown.

I'm admittedly not in a very good place right now. Physically I feel lousy due to thyroid troubles, so mentally I feel lousy too. But bashing it out on a keyboard is better than taking it literally out on myself, and I'll keep dosing up on levothyroxine until my doctor is happy. More on medication to come, it's an interesting topic.

Also, shout out to one of my throwback blogging pals What Josie Did Next for helping me figure out this layout, and providing gentle encouragement to get back online. Ta lovely. Honestly just go for the style, you'll stay for her journey.

Take care, see you in the next post! D x
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I'll get back to you shortly.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig